The Center for Policy Studies at Central European University has a vacancy for a full-time Program Coordinator, starting at the beginning of September 2012.
The Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing primarily in the social sciences. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world.
The Center for Policy Studies (CPS) is a research center within CEU dedicated to improving the quality of governance in the region by the provision of independent public policy analysis and advice. The center is committed to strengthening local capacity for critical policy analysis and pursues research and publication that is interdisciplinary and carried out with partners in the global policy community, particularly in Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.
Position: Program Coordinator
Full time/part time: Full-time (40 working hours/week)
Starting date: ASAP
Duties and responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management of general office-related duties;
- Organization of events (staff meetings, workshops, project conferences; the person will have the overall responsibility for overseeing the organization of a 150-person conference in August 2013);
- Travel and accommodation arrangements of Center staff;
- Administration and full financial management of both large and small-scale research and mobility projects;
- Liaising with external affiliates and donor organizations;
- Drafting narrative and financial project reports;
- Assistance with proposal writing and negotiation of research grants;
- Assistance with maintaining the online platforms of CPS.
Qualifications and skills:
- College/university degree
- At least two years of experience in administrative and financial management
- Experience of working in an international environment and an institution of higher education
- Excellent knowledge of English (knowledge of any other language is a plus but not a requirement; willingness to learn some Hungarian is viewed positively)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written);
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability and interest to work in a multinational academic environment in a culturally sensitive manner;
- Creativity, the ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and administer long-term tasks independently
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, webpage editing skills);
- SAP database knowledge is an advantage
- Strong work ethic
Commensurate with experience. However, we offer a competitive salary, as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
How to apply?
Applicants need to submit:
- Cover letter,
- In addition, please submit two references or request two of your referees to send a confidential reference letter for you, directly to the same email address.
Application deadline: applications and references must be received via email by August 1, 2012 to be considered.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Lilla Jakobs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send your complete application package to:
email@example.com - including job code in subject line: 2012/034
Central European University
Human Resources – 2012/034
Nador utca 9, Budapest H-1051, Hungary
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Program Coordinator job ad (Download)