Call for Papers: Graduate Student Award Competition
Center for Policy Studies (CPS) invites recent graduates and continuing students to reflect, analyze and to share innovative ideas on topics related to the civil society voice and participation in shaping Roma equality policies with special attention to civil society monitoring mechanisms. The graduate student paper competition builds-up on the rich knowledge acquired through the Roma Civil Monitor (RCM) pilot project, and it aims to further enhance the knowledge by providing space to the Central European University’s graduates and students to produce scholarly analyses on the Roma integration and monitoring mechanisms.
The competition is open to all graduates of the 2019-2020 academic year and continuing students in degrees and non-degrees programs (Master, PhD, Roma Graduate Preparation Program) within the Central European University.
Possible topics and key questions that may be considered but should not be limited to:
- Debates and experiences concerning the role of civil society in participating in the policy process for Roma equality with special attention to monitoring policy performances;
- How does critical policy monitoring contribute to empower civil society in general and in the case of RCM?
- How does RCM compare to other human rights shadow monitoring mechanisms in Europe and beyond?
- What new ideas the RCM mechanism has brought for reforming or fundamentally changing the European Framework and the National Roma integration strategies?
- What is the contribution of RCM to wider transnational advocacy activity of Roma and pro-Roma civil society?
Outline submission deadline: July 10, 2020 until 12 p.m. (CET)
Final paper submission deadline: September 11, 2020
Best Paper and awards: September 2020
Applications for the paper competition must follow the guidelines included in the detailed call and must be submitted by email at email@example.com. For any further information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed Call for Papers: Graduate Student Award Competition (Download)