Expert talk on human trafficking: ‘Is there a Chance to Win the Battle?‘
In view of this year’s 20th Anniversary of the unveiling of the UN Palermo Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons, especially Women and Children, the Regional Implementation Initiative is organizing an event where a group of experts will discuss human trafficking issues at the Austrian Chamber of Labour in Vienna:
- Aneliese Rohrer, Journalist, former Editor-in-Chief of ‘die Presse’, Co-Producer of the Film ‘Fatal Promises‘ 2009
- Kristiina Kangaspunta, UNODC, Head of Global Report on Trafficking in Persons, former Deputy Director of the UN Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute UNICRI
- Evelyn Probst, Board Member of the NGO Network ‘La Strada International’,Coordinator of LEFÖ-Intervention Centre for Trafficked Women and Girls (IBF), Austria
- Peter v. Bethlenfalvy, Executive Director, CEIPA Center for European and International Policy Action, Belgium, former Chief of IOM Missions in Brussels, Rome, Berlin, Vienna
- Stefano Volpicelli, Sociologist, Independent Expert and Consultant, Italy
- Kiril Sharapov, Researcher, Associate Professor of Applied Social Sciences, Edinburgh Napier University
- Eva Dimovne-Keresztes, Policy Officer in the Anti-trafficking Team of the European Commission
This event is accessible – due to the current pandemic restrictions – solely via livestream on 20 November 2020 between 3-5 pm.
More information is available on the Regional Implementation Initiative website here.