Internship & Mentoring Programme at the CEU Democracy Institute
The Review of Democracy, a new online journal initiated by the Central European University’s Democracy Institute is looking for two interns interested in one (or more) of these thematic fields: rule of law, processes of (re/de-) democratisation, inequalities and democracy, histories of practices an ideas of democracy, debates on the future of Europe.
The tasks of interns will be the following:
- Assisting the editor-in-chief and the editors of the open platform in their work leading to the launch of the journal
- Preparation of publishable materials for the journal
- Drafting notes from online meetings
The internship offers participation in a mentoring programme where the students will learn the following skills:
- Op-eds writing
- Text editing
- Conducting interviews
- Interns will have the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the area of broadly understood studies of democracy in Europe and beyond.
Administrative details are as follows:
- The internship is not remunerated
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Length/timeframe: 6 months, renewable
- Intensity: approx. 6 hours/week
Interested PhD candidates should write to: firstname.lastname@example.org, cc-ing email@example.com. Michal Matlak is the leading editor of the Review of Democracy open platform. E-mails should include a detailed curriculum vitae and an expression of interest/statement of motivation.
DI internship call (Download)
* * * * *
Background information about Review of Democracy: this new journal is an initiative of the CEU Democracy Institute (Budapest) in cooperation with the key experts on the issues of democracy and the Rule of Law worldwide. It sets out to provide an open platform for publicizing and discussing ongoing processes of (de/re-) democratization, as well as offer analysis, reflection and opinion pieces both at the level of specific countries and at the broader, regional level. The Journal we propose is not limited to Europe, but the Old Continent is its point of departure.